Excelsior is developing the Gunnison Copper Project, a low cost in-situ recovery copper project located within the copper porphyry belt of Arizona.
Based on an initial production rate of 25 million pounds per year, which will be processed through the adjacent Johnson Camp Mine, and using a US$2.75/lb copper price, the Feasibility Study indicates a post-tax NPV (7.5% discount rate) of US$807 million, and an IRR of 40% with a payback period of initial capital of 2.8 years. Production would be staged; ramping up to full production of 125 million pounds. Initial capital expenditures (including 15% contingency) are estimated at US$46.9 million with an average life-of-mine direct operating cost of US$0.65/lb. These metrics are amongst the lowest per pound capital and operating costs for copper projects in North America.
- Report: Excelsior Mining – The EPA approval is an important milestone
- Another public comment period extension for Gunnison
- Excelsior Mining on track to close US$30M equity raise
- Report: Excelsior Mining – Closing the valuation gap
- Excelsior Mining: the final piece of the Gunnison-puzzle is almost falling into place
- No appeals against Excelsior’s state operating permit!
- Excelsior Mining: One permit down, only one more to go!
- Arizona issues a draft operating permit – an important milestone for Excelsior Mining!
- Report: Excelsior Mining – Copper at a superior cash cost
- Excelsior Mining updates on the progress of its feasibility study
- Construction Timeline (Jun)
- Construction Timeline
- Construction Timeline (Mar)
- Construction Timeline (aug)
- Construction Timeline (Feb)
- Construction Timeline (May)
- Construction Timeline (Ene)
JJ Jennex, VP Corporate Affairs
Tel: 604-681-8030 (ext.240)
Toll Free: 1-866-683-8030